Monday, April 27, 2009

Random Update

Doesn’t it seem like everyone has a blog these days? Well in case you didn’t know – they do. Some are really good. Some are not. Actually, there are some that I go to on a regular basis simply because they annoy me so much. I’m so weird – I know. I don’t know why I do it. There’s one blog that Sarah goes to a lot and it DRIVES ME UP THE WALL. So, I go to it regularly. Everything about this blog annoys me: the blogger’s writing style, how the blogger thinks they are so funny and they’re really not (much like this one), the fact that their posts are completely pointless (much like this one). I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Am I the only one this happens to? The RDAS? (repetition due to annoyance syndrome.)

I really don’t have much to say today – I just wanted to update the blog with something since no one wanted to comment on the picture of my gorgeous daughter (except Alyson and Char) in the previous post. Listen people, I know you’re coming to the blog – I track you all, so just leave a comment or two. Help a brotha out!!! I’ve always wanted to do a blog where I ask “who are you?” I see a lot of returning visitors and I’d like to know who you are – but don’t worry, I’m not going to do it as most of you wouldn’t respond anyway.

Ooooh! Let’s talk weight loss shall we? Yes, we’re still losing. I think I lost two pounds at this last weigh-in. I think I’ve passed the 25 pound mark. It may be more though, my clothes are definitely fitting differently, oh, and so are my shoes! Now, let me say – I didn’t get on this weight loss bandwagon to have to buy all new shoes too! I was perfectly fine just replenishing pants, but SHOES TOO!?!?!? My shoes are expensive – I don’t want to have to buy more, although I should. Some of them are a little tired. I say my shoes are expensive because I have several pair for work/church and have you priced men’s dress shoes lately??? Not to mention cheap shoes are a huge pet peeve of mine. I’m a firm believer in “you get what you pay for” when it comes to shoes. Don’t complain to me about your heels hurting when you bought your dress shoes from ___________ (you can fill in the blank.) Anyway, I say I may have lost more because I’ve moved to the fourth belt loop!!! This is monumental. I’ve NEVER been in the fourth belt loop. Actually, my belt is difficult to get passed the second loop because I forced myself to keep it there when it shouldn’t have for so long that it has created this weird leather mountain where in order to get the mountain through the metal thing, I have to literally yank the other end of the belt. Nonetheless – it’s a good day – even with all the belt mountain stress.

Oh! My pants are totally high-waters today. I’m sorta embarrassed. Sorta not. These pants are so annoying. Every time they get dried, I feel like I lose an inch. I think Sarah keeps drying them because I end up looking like a loon in my high-waters. I refuse to buy pants right now anyway so I’ll just have to do the ‘ol, “get the pants out of the washer and stretch them out” trick. Don’t act like you don’t know that trick.

I suppose I could talk about Celie and how wonderful and funny and gorgeous and lively she is, but Sarah does such a good job at that – there’s no need to duplicate efforts. I like to leave the “Celie-mania” to her here. We didn’t really do anything blog-worthy this weekend: I had to speak at a Relay for Life event because my company was the title sponsor – I guess that’s blog-worthy? We went to Target and Publix on Saturday. Church on Sunday where we like to put the fear of God in the congregation by not having the A/C on like it should be in Florida on a cloudless day in APRIL. I tell you, I sweat like a long-tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs in that place. We just purchased a $20,000 A/C unit that doesn’t work. Fun. I almost think we’re using it as a tool for sinners…..”If you think it’s hot in here, well get ready if you end up in hell.” But I don’t think we do – on purpose anyway. I mean, I am singing, leading, directing on Sundays – I NEED TO BE COOL. I don’t want to have to start wearing that spandex, moisture-wick stuff on stage, but don’t force me. I feel like that’s the next step. I already look ultra-casual at church with my light-weight khakis and polo’s, but it’s simply because I get so hot. If you look at me during any point of the worship service you would think I was preaching and there was a choir behind me waving their hankies while an organ revs up during my “big points.” I’m just here to sing and direct a choir – not preach. So, let’s get the A/C fixed, k?

I could have eaten an entire cake yesterday, FYI. I wanted/needed something sweet. BADLY. Sarah made a Weight Watcher cake by using a cake mix and diet Sprite. Cake tasted fine. No icing. I can’t eat cake without icing. It’s like eating collard greens without cornbread – it’s sacrilegious. Ooooh, collard greens. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I remember those.

So, here we are. A ridiculously long, pointless, meaningless post. I’m leaving it up to the readers. Tell me what you want to hear. Do you want work stories? Life stories? Weight loss progress? A topic of the day? Is there something you’re wondering that I could answer? Funny stories only? Church/Worship Leader stories? Serious stories?

I don’t know – you tell me. If no one comments, I’ll take that cue too.

I’ll try to post later this week – triple-promise!

Later peeps!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, personally, want to hear a sto-rey about how wonderful your loving wife is. :) He-he-he.

Anonymous said...

I love the dry humor and cynicism. The blog might have been meaningless, but it was humorous.

Alyson said...

Oh Mateo, I will love whatever you post...I always laugh (in the best way) at your musings. Congrats on the weight loss - I just finished telling your lovely wife how you guys inspire me to work harder towards my goal. For the record, though, I don't think I posted any comments about the last pic of C. Thanks for giving me credit, though! PS - I am DYING to hear which blogs annoy you! ;)

The Traveling Turtle said...

Alyson... it is one that starts with the word Kelly. It annoys me too but I can't stop. I go all the time. It is a sickness that took over a long time ago inside of me and now it is a habit I cannot break.

Marci said...

Matthew, I really enjoy reading your blog and am sorry I haven't commented sooner. The kids probably think I am crazy because I sit here laughing to myself at what you write. Keep the posts coming!


- Marci

Anonymous said...

Perhaps, (and I'm just sayin'..) if you didn't stalk other people's blogs and never leave a comment they wouldn't be so inclined to do the same to you...hmmm...words of wisdom? :)

Punkin said...

Matthew Matthew Matthew
I agree with Char!!!!
Don't feel so bad, I never have any comments either, but I could be one of the one's that annoy you with meaningless stuff. True, I cannot spell so I know that annoys you. Try to be a little kinder!!!!!
Sometimes I feel bad for all the people you talk about and then I sit here and laugh at it.