I don't know that I've ever posted about a specific product on the blog. Well, at least one that is good. I can't remember.
Today, that is changing because I have to stop and let everyone know the success we're having with a new dog food.
Blue Buffalo Dog Food.
This dog food has given our sweet Lilly a 180 degree turnaround.
This story is long and boring so I'll give you the abridged version.
- Lilly has severe food allergies (what else would you expect from the world's most high-maintenance dog?)
- We discovered this a few years ago
- She would itch non-stop (and make me crazy. Literally crazy.)
- We paid a small fortune on "tests" (that really didn't tell us too much.)
- She's allergic to protein (wha????)
- Put her on Hill's Prescription Diet Salmon and Potato (yum)
- Fast forward about three years
- Learned that she's not supposed to be on this food for an "extended period" from a trusty website (eek!!)
- Switched to this new food (after dropping a cool $65 on the old stuff just days before.)
- Not only has she COMPLETELY stopped itching, but she is excited, silky smooth and madly in love with this new food.
The pads on her feet are no longer pink. She no longer wakes up itching or biting. It's a brand new day for her! (And us, let's be serious.)
Blue has a ton of different varieties of food. They all contain great quality ingredients. We bought the Fish and Sweet Potato one for allergies. It's still a premium food so the cost is still there, but it's about $20 cheaper than Hills which is about $65 for the 17 lb bag. We can all tell a huge difference in her and it has only been a week.
I want to thank Laura from Dog Grooming Plus (Lilly's groomer) and Mike and Rose from Bow Wow Beach for helping open our eyes about dog food. Laura and her daughter Wanda have been in Port St. Joe a really long time and have had their successful grooming shop for quite some time. Mike and Rose have just recently opened Bow Wow Beach. It's a really, really cute store for pets (ok, dogs and cats, but who walks a cat on a leash?) I love the store and wish them great success in Port St. Joe. I highly encourage you to support them.
If you'd like to research the dog food you're currently feeding your furry family member, click here.