Thursday, February 11, 2010

What's Sweeter?

There are a lot of things in life that are sweet. Take my chocolate cake for example. It's sweet (and amazing.) A tub of puppies. So totally sweet. So sweet in fact, that I could eat them with a spoon - or just let them wallow all over me with their little puppy breath.

Geeze I love puppies.

A "fresh, hot, now" Krispy Kreme doughnut. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET! An old married couple that still hold hands. Totally sweet.

But in all my years (all 30 of them,) I've never seen or heard anything sweeter than my little girl singing the words to one of her favorite songs all by herself.

"I'm different, different, different
Nobody's like me.
Different, different, different
And that's ok with me
Yeah, that's ok with me."

"When I was born they threw away the mold.
Now no one knows how my life will unfold.
I'm different, different, different
Nobody's like me.
Different, different, different
And that's ok with me
Yeah, that's ok with me."

"Born with ten toes or even born with nine
Where there is love then who I am is fine.
I'm different, different, different
Nobody's like me.
Different, different, different
And that's ok with me
Yeah, that's ok with me."

"Black, white or green
from parents rich or poor.
From boat on creek
in land of Singapore.
I'm different, different, different
Nobody's like me.
Different, different, different
And that's ok with me
Yeah, that's ok with me."

She was singing her little heart out this morning on the way to Sissy's. It almost made me tear up a little because she was singing with such excitement (and most of the time on pitch - atta girl!!!!)

Here's a picture of her singing this morning.


Sweet.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree with you totally--but for me it was when i saw her sitting on your lap while you were directing the choir--totally made me tear up to see her with her daddy in his element and her just sitting there---what a great memory--wish i had a picture of it--but it is forever stamped on my old ladies heart---love you
Mom

The Traveling Turtle said...

Our little pork chop is the sweetest little one I know. She does love to sing, like her Daddy. And I like that she knows a variety of music.... I can only sing Happy Birthday so many times. :)

metaphase said...

I agree with you. I love nothing more than hearing my kids sing. It's so out there and open. (Plus, I love that Ava can carry an actual tune! tee-hee)