Thursday, January 14, 2010

Weekly With Rhobie - All About Coats

Once again, brace yourself for the brain typhoon that is our IM conversation....

Enjoy!

Matthew: hi

Rhobie: hi

Matthew: what are you doing?

Rhobie: an honest answer?

Matthew: yes

Rhobie: well

Rhobie: I am looking at winter coats

Matthew: you know, I was just having a conversation with someone here about that

Rhobie: about me looking at winter coats?

Matthew: well, not you specifically

Matthew: although that could be a separate topic of conversation

Matthew: but how coats are "necessary accessories" for you people

Matthew: and how you have like 12 of them

Matthew: where we have like 1

Matthew: and hate wearing them

Rhobie: I love them

Rhobie: but

Rhobie: around here it’s part of your everyday winter outfit

Rhobie: for like 6 months of the year

Matthew: right

Rhobie: and it's what people see

Matthew: so they have to be cute

Rhobie: more so than the clothes underneath

Rhobie: right

Matthew: crazy

Rhobie: and I personally want to have more than 1 because I get bored

Rhobie: wearing the same one every day

Matthew: I mean, we don't wear the same shirt everyday

Matthew: at least I don't

Rhobie: I know!

Rhobie: so why should we wear the same coat every day

Matthew: so, what coat are you "needing" these days?

Rhobie: well I need a new ski jacket and I would also like a new casual wool jacket

Rhobie: I mean

Rhobie: I always have a need for more coats

Matthew: this is good

Matthew: it could be an article for a magazine

Matthew: do you have a trench?

Rhobie: yes - 2

Rhobie: tan and navy

Matthew: no winter white?

Rhobie: no I have a winter white wool coat now though

Matthew: well that's a relief

Rhobie: when you say trench I assume you mean like a fall coat for wearing when it is not freezing and might be raining

Matthew: um

Matthew: I don't mean like Sherlock Holmes

Matthew: I think I mean a modified trench, that's short and ties

Rhobie: yes

Rhobie: but canvas material (or whatever that stuff is)

Rhobie: not wool

Matthew: well, no

Matthew: I think I mean wool

Matthew: because traditional trench coat material makes me sad

Rhobie: lol

Rhobie: this is confusing

Rhobie: well I have 2 knee length wool coats

Rhobie: no

Rhobie: 3

Matthew: of course

Rhobie: 1 black, 1 winter white, 1 red

Matthew: those all sound nice

Rhobie: and 2 trenches (not wool and better for fall) tan, navy

Matthew: anything else?

Rhobie: 2 spring jackets - khaki and other is grey

Matthew: spring jacket = does not compute

Rhobie: 1 wool "short" jacket for casual winter wear

Rhobie: (which is why I need another)

Matthew: obviously

Rhobie: then

Rhobie: 1 Gortex rain coat

Matthew: that doesn't sound attractive at all

Rhobie: ugly

Matthew: but who's looking at you in the rain

Rhobie: true

Rhobie: then I have a Gortex ski jacket

Rhobie: needs to be replaced

Rhobie: it's old

Rhobie: and several fleeces that I wear underneath

Matthew: so you're really in the market for several coats/jackets

Rhobie: yes

Rhobie: always

Matthew: awesome

1 comment:

The Traveling Turtle said...

What I really need to see is a post about riding boots.