Friday, January 8, 2010

Thank You!

I want to give a big shout-out and thank you to Al Gore for inventing the Internet!

Man, I just don't know where I'd be without that guy.

As I'm sitting in bed typing this post, I'm trying to reflect on this past week, but I can't because it's literally freezing here in Florida. It's been in the 20's every night this week, (wink, wink Mr. Gore - didn't you win something for your work on global warming?)

Science people question - Is unreasonably cold weather an indication of global warming?

So as I reflect, I can only think about how cold it's been - and yes - that's what we've all been talking about.

Work has been insane this week. It's like I said in another post, the new year comes around and it's like you woke the sleeping dragon (or the furry one from The Never Ending Story "Atreyuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.") Super busy from start to finish. Not that I'm complaining. It's fun being busy.

But that's not the topic of this post.

The topic is about Al Gore. And how he invented the Internet and caused me to become addicted to facebook which has since caused me to purge my account which was effective at 5:00 today.

You know, I really used to enjoy facebook. It was fun connecting with people from the past, specifically college friends. But then it became an obsession and I was checking it all the time and trying to really keep up my page and then I thought..."is this what I've become?"

Not really.

It just became too much. Not to mention, I feel like facebook became this place of annoying applications, random quizzes (although I did really enjoy the "Baptist Hymns" one. I rocked that quiz like it was my job!!!) and a place for people to indirectly brag on their lives. So many times I wanted to comment back to people:

"Nobody cares. You're a liar. Shut up already. Go away. You're annoying."

But that wouldn't be the Christian thing to do. So I decided to just pray for them.

LOL - kidding. I didn't do that either. Maybe I should have?

The real thing is, I don't really have 248 friends in real life. I may know 248 people, but of those, I probably get super annoyed with 163 of them. I found it strange why certain people wanted to be connected to me. Now I will say, facebook did allow for some "rekindling" of friendships and for that I'll be grateful.

So now I'm facebook free. It sorta feels weird. Sorta like when we disconnected our TV. It's like I only hear crickets in the background. It'll pass though, I just know it. Not to mention I really wanted to put my energy in just one online application and that's my blog.

I'm hoping to post more frequently and maybe vary the topics a bit.

I would like to hear from you all though - please. Would you rather my blog format be:

1) Daily recaps of life
2) Only funny stories
3) Stories with an array of emotions
4) Serious posts
5) Worship ministry posts
6) Music posts
7) Family posts
8) Combination of any of the above

Then I'd like to know if you like my blogs that are:

1) short
2) medium
3) long

And may contain:

1) photos
2) no photos
3) videos

Just some quick questions since the blog is all I'll be doing "recreationally" online. Except for shopping, reading, paying bills, banking, looking up recipes and reading reviews.

Much love to my blog readers.

And Al Gore, of course.

3 comments:

The Traveling Turtle said...

I like all of your posts. You could include a few pictures every now and then, though. I think I sent you a few last week that would be perfect for this blog. :)

I need to follow my own rules, but I think people tend to skim over and not really read a post if they are too long. I am working on it too. I just have so much to say....

Anonymous said...

Matthew,

This is my first ever comment I think that I can remember. I say have Sarah proof all your posts and she can add the appropriate photos.

P.S. No luck on the LDC.

Marcy

Sarah M. said...

I personally think you should have a "home improvement" post soon. Perhaps a certain bathroom transformation...

PS - not only do I have a new post, but I have 2 scheduled posts for the remainder of the week! I have 2 more recipe posts I need to work on, but not tonight. Perhaps next week.