Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Weekly With Rhobie - Episode #2

You all may remember this post from a few days ago with my co-worker Rhobie. Well, so many of you (3) contacted me and told me how much you enjoyed reading it (although you didn't comment on the blog, but whatever,) that I thought it would be fun to have a "weekly with Rhobie" every week. We tend (read, always) to have meaningless conversations in the morning and throughout the day, so whenever we have one that I feel is blog worthy, I'll simply paste it into the blog without Rhobie's knowledge or permission.

Fun, right?

So, here you go. Another mind-numbingly interesting conversation.

You'll thank me later. Promise.

********************

Rhobie: OMG

Rhobie: I didn't tell you what I did

Matthew: ??

Rhobie: I went running last friday night

Rhobie: and ran right by my hair guy who I've been cheating on

Rhobie: and of course he saw my hair

Rhobie: and he yelled hi

Rhobie: and I yelled hi and kept running

Matthew: lol

Matthew: awesome

Rhobie: and it was so awkward and I didn't know if I should stop and over explain (as you know I do)

Rhobie: or just keep running

Rhobie: omg

Rhobie: how awful

Matthew: wow

Matthew: lol

Rhobie: and so

Rhobie: I thought about it and stressed about it my whole run

Matthew: you and C-note are over

Rhobie: of course

Rhobie: and so

Rhobie: when I got home I immediately sent him an email

Rhobie: over explaining how I have been cheating on him

Rhobie: but it's not him

Rhobie: it's me

Rhobie: and I just needed a fresh set of hands but I'll be back

Matthew: you cannot be serious

Rhobie: and on and on

Rhobie: Oh I am serious

Matthew: you sent him an email

Rhobie: dead serious

Rhobie: yes

Matthew: did he respond?

Rhobie: yes

Rhobie: he did

Matthew: with?

Rhobie: he told me I was "too cute"

Rhobie: and I did not need to worry

Matthew: except when he screws you up next time

Rhobie: and he personally felt that it was good for clients to "take a vacation"

Rhobie: and that everything is good

Rhobie: and so now

Rhobie: I feel much better

Matthew: whew

Rhobie: I am at peace

Matthew: well, glad that's over

Rhobie: I know

Rhobie: me too

Matthew: so, you're going back to him?

Matthew: you're over your "short cut girl?"

Rhobie: no no

Rhobie: I am going to her again

Matthew: I see

Rhobie: but I'll probably go to him again in the next round or 2

Matthew: well all I can say is "that was a tough one."

Matthew: I mean

Matthew: the recession and if we get to keep our jobs or not is NOTHING compared to a "run by" viewing of your new hair by your old stylist who didn't cut your new hair.

Matthew: I'm drinking coffee by the way

Matthew: at this moment

Rhobie: LOL

Rhobie: great

Rhobie: I am so glad you drink coffee

Matthew: are you?

Matthew: there are several people who are

Matthew: I feel like I'm being peer pressured into doing something I know is wrong

Rhobie: good

Rhobie: that's how you should feel

Matthew: oh good

Matthew: then I'm on target

Rhobie: yes

Rhobie: you are

Matthew: I feel almost like I just bought a dozen doughnuts and am hiding them in my office

Rhobie: LOL

Matthew: but I don't think I should feel that way

Rhobie: no coffee is so much better than that

Matthew: because I use splenda now

Rhobie: it keeps you skinny

Matthew: so does crack

Matthew: hmmmm

Rhobie: it also reduces cellulite

Rhobie: and you can use the grinds as an exfoiliator

Matthew: I don't think I have any cellulite

Rhobie: oh fine

Rhobie: be like that

Matthew: how can I use spelnda as an exfoliator?

Matthew: oh oh oh

Matthew: coffee grounds

Rhobie: lol

Rhobie: yes

Matthew: gross

Matthew: that stuff is nasty

Rhobie: (but I might have made that up)

Matthew: probably

Rhobie: I just like to think of all the good things that coffee can do for you

Matthew: because it's all mushy and gross

Rhobie: but it's rough

Rhobie: like exfoilator

Matthew: I can't wait to purchase it from a coffee chain store

Matthew: like I'm a regular

Matthew: getting it from the bagel shop has made my learning so much easier

Rhobie: yes

Rhobie: that's true

Matthew: so now when I go to Dunkin Doughnuts, I'll just be like, "large with cream and splenda."

Rhobie: is that light and sweet?

Rhobie: or is that something else

Rhobie: what does light and sweet mean

Matthew: omg - is that an option???

Matthew: I have no idea

Rhobie: it is

Matthew: now I'm stressed

Matthew: ugh

Rhobie: people go to Dunk and order a large coffee light and sweet

Matthew: really????

Matthew: I'm glad you told me

Rhobie: I think you could do that and say "large light and sweet with splenda"

Matthew: we should ask Doug

Matthew: he goes all the time

Matthew: to DD

Rhobie: oh really?

Matthew: doesn't he?

Rhobie: i dont know

Matthew: well great.

Matthew: now I'm screwed

Rhobie: no no

Rhobie: we'll find out


********************


You're welcome.

5 comments:

The Traveling Turtle said...

I love these.

I had a seperate convo about how to order "healthy" coffee with Alyson yesterday. :)

Marci said...

Wow, that was quite a conversation. Thanks for the entertainment. I always get a good laugh when I read your posts.

Alyson said...

If you ever venture over to Starbucks (GASP!), you can always order a "skinny" latte...that means nonfat milk and sugar-free syrup. If it's after 10 in the morning, I also add "decaf" to my list of adjectives when ordering. So basically I get flavored water in a fancy Starbucks holiday cup. Although your wallet won't thank me, your waistline will.

Punkin said...

The negetive on "coffee" you need to brush your teeth after or you have gross "coffee breath" and brown stained teeth. But I love the smell of it brewing just not the taste no matter how much splenda you add. Oh, tell Sarah thanks for deleting me!

The Traveling Turtle said...

Sorry, Punky, it had to be done. I had to purge my list of blogs I have posted.... people that never post blogs got the ax.

It's not personal. :) I promise.