Thursday, November 19, 2009

Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me

Because my blog is so full of deep, soul-searching, thought-provoking content, I thought it would be fun to mix it up a bit and give you some personal fluff. This idea spells "list mania" to me!!! Yeah, that's it. Let's list some things you probably don't know about me....or who knows, some of you might know all of this. Whatever...

1) I hate the color purple. Not, The Color Purple (I love that), but the actual color purple. Sadly enough, it was one of my high and middle school colors. Purple. Purple and Gold really. Purple, Gold and a little White (the shark's team is outta sight!!! - if we're finishing the cheer.)

2) I have never been to New York City. One third of me is saddened by this, one third feels like it's a little (or a lot) overrated, and one third would rather go to Colorado instead. Question. Does anyone watch "The City" on MTV? If so, how accurate is it depicting the actual city? I have to say that I'm sorta intrigued by all the "boroughs" of NYC and the sweeping generalizations that come with them.

3) I love episodes of "Mama's Family." I can't help it. Vicky Lawrence + Carol Burnett x Harvey Korman / Dorothy Lyman = MAGIC!

4) I am a seasoned athlete. I have been on baseball, football and golf teams in my younger day. I played baseball forever - right field, catcher (huge mistake), third base (once). I was on MTI, then The Stars! I was a Tackle in football. I had a +8 handicap in golf. You're welcome.

5) I love frozen fish sticks. And I'm not kidding. It's probably been well over two years since I've had any.....maybe. But I love them. What's more? I love them with melted cheese on white bread with ketchup. Love. I am in love with this sandwich.

6) I grew up a restaurant kid. My family owned THE BEST seafood restaurant for almost 40 years. I used to pretend "fire" employees. I used to make them play make believe with me as if we were on a train to Disney World (I would make them line up tons of chairs in a row like a train.) As a child I played behind a full bar and knew dozens of types of alcohol. I even knew that Tequila had a worm in it. And yet I never touched the stuff. As a note, I used the word "make" in this point for emphasis only. Of course I didn't MAKE anyone do anything....I'm not Mariah Carey for crying out loud.

7) Sometimes I repeat actions because I know it's going to make me really mad. For example, there's a blog that Sarah visits frequently. She has it listed as one of the blogs she reads. I absolutely cannot stand it. Simply because I feel like the author of the blog is trying too hard to be funny and quippy. And I am so overly annoyed by the author's writing and personal style. And I know it's going to make me mad and irritated every time I read it. Yet, I go back daily. This is just one very, very simple example.

8) I own 39 long sleeve Brooks Brothers button-downs and 29 Lacoste polos. I know this because I just counted them. Because I have nothing better to do at 12:25 AM while Sarah and Lilly are trying to sleep. The brands aren't important except that it should show you just how obsessive I am in "real life."

9) I am still holding on to a lot of "feelings" around two of my former friends. Friends that I was very, very close to. These feelings aren't good ones. They're also not necessarily bad (which I need to point out because my mother will leave a comment that says I won't go to heaven if I have any bad feelings in my heart.) They're just weird, if-I-see-you-in-public-I-will-more-than-likely-avoid-you-because-I-could-either-burst-into-tears-or-hit-you kinda feelings. All very simple and non-complex.

10) I HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE licorice. With a passion. I think I'd rather die than eat it. I seriously cannot stand it. I dry heave just thinking about it. Gross. Puke. Gag. Hate.

11) I hate words like "Licorice" that are pronounced like "Lick-or-ish" but are spelled like "Licorice." I mean, why? Oh yes, by the way, certain words and phrases really make me crazy (since we're on the subject.) Words like: moist, irregardless, foyer (when pronounced "foy-yay" - be it correct or not.), and taught (as in pulling something taught.) Phrases like: And things of that nature, It's been a hard day on my desk, and Whatcha know good?

12) I do not, will not, cannot watch scary movies. It's not that I believe the plot could actually happen, but I just do not enjoy practicing for a heart attack. I really dislike scary movies. Keep in mind that I consider the "The Sixth Sense" a scary movie.

13) I want a Yamaha U1, upright, black (obviously) piano so badly I can taste it. I want to play it. I want Celie to play it. I want to put it where our little buffet table is. If you buy it for me, I will play for you whenever you want for an entire year. Make it two. For two years, I'll play for you. I'll be your personal pianist!

14) At one point I thought I was going to stop blogging. But with content like this, why would I stop?

15) I cannot use public restrooms for number two unless I'm in a complete state of emergency. States of Emergency include: A recent feast of BBQ, breakfast food "out", a stomach bug, anything with pesto, collard greens.

16) I owe the IRS $233 from 2007 taxes. Wha???? They just sent me a letter. I mean, $233? Trust me when I ask, aren't there bigger fish to fry? Trust me, there are. Let me walk you down the street and show you.

17) I have a secret obsession with penmanship. I will judge you based on your penmanship....but only for a second until I snap out of it.

18) I am bored with this post.

19) I really, really want to meet and talk with Travis Cottrell about worship. I need to ask him what goes on in his head with some of these amazing songs he creates. He's my earthly, musical idol. I'm pretty sure I would make a fool of myself if I ever got the chance.

20) (Finally, 20. I thought it would never get here.) Ummmmm, want Lasik surgery but am COMPLETELY terrified to even consider it. But just think, wouldn't it be amazing to wake up, rub your eyes, and be able to see the clock without squinting? Can you imagine??????


4 comments:

Marci said...

Watching a scary movie is like torture to me. Especially, when I watch one at night. Somehow, daytime makes everything better. The Sixth Sense made me jump so many times.

Anonymous said...

As soon as you mentioned scary movies, I thought of you, Jaime, and the Sixth Sense! Oh the funny to be had in that thought. Well, for me, anyway.
By "personal pianist" would that include travel for events? Might be worth it; I still weighing that one...
I did NOT know about you and purple. I like purple, and yet we are such still besties.
I must agree waking up and being able to see the clock must be one of those little wonders in life that I will never know.

Jenny said...

Glen said(for Jenny and I)



Classic!:) Jen's right with you on the color purple, though must admit I had a purple Body Glove shirt I was rather proud of-though I'm guessing I probably resembled Grimace from McDonald's in it!

Hope you guys had a great Turkey day! Celie is too cute, as if you needed me to say so:) I'll try and learn a couple more emoticons before I comment next so I don't have to rely on the ridiculous smiley face all the time.

And yes, 6th Sense was terrifying!! No shame in that one either.

Jenny said...

Glen again-

Sorry to post twice, but went back and realized I hadn't commented on the fish sticks-Amen to that brother!! American cheese? Just wondering so I can try next time I'm around some of these delicious little devils!