Monday, November 9, 2009

A Scary Halloween

I'm aware it's November 9.

These photos were taken at our downtown trick or treat event - properly referred to as - Ghost on the Coast.

I have to share them.

I'm sorry if any of the pictures are of you.

Not really.


I am speechless. And not in the good way. It's like a citizen of Rome stepped into a pool of Pepto. Bad, bad, bad. They can't be comfortable of your feet, I mean, my eyes hurt.


For those of you who do not live in Port St. Joe, the "Pig" is referring to the local grocery store, The Piggly Wiggly. That's the real name. It's not a joke. I sorta wish it was. The navy blue t-shirt is the front of the shirt. The nice royal (?) blue shirt is the back. Ummmm. It's fine really. It's just not me, per se. I just don't know if I could wear a shirt telling people I'll see them at the Pig.

The Pig.

awesome.

Moving on......


I need to go ahead and clear a few things up:
  1. Yes, that is an adult.
  2. Yes, I too enjoy the "off the shoulder" look.
  3. I enjoy that adult costume makers attempt the slightly flare-legged pant.
As I look back at this picture, I am reminded of a time when my company used to walk in the annual Christmas parade. One year, we were walking in front of a group of chain-smoking, spandex-clad, 55 year old "Santa's helpers." I'll never forget it. It haunts me to this day.

They were not skinny.

By any stretch (ehem, ehem.)

But they worked that spandex like it was their job.

Which actually could have been.

No comments: