Friday, April 17, 2009

Weight Watchers Results - Week 6

Hi there and welcome to this issue of Weight Watchers Results!

So the gym has come to bite us in the hineys. We were warned that if we continued to go to the gym everyday, our weigh-in results would not be accurate. Well, they were right. Last night, Sarah and I both lost zero pounds. Sorta sad, sorta not. We get it. Sarah worked out twice on Wednesday and could barely walk. The WW website says not to weigh in if your muscles are sore so we were both in default. So now comes the decision.

Do we keep going to WW even if we are religious gym-goers? We battled with this decision all day yesterday. I mean, what's the point to pay $60 each if the scale is going to be inaccurate? So, Sarah decided that last night would be her last WW meeting. I decided to pay for one more set for me so I have three more weigh-ins to go and I will probably be done.

We really have a sync and a rhythm now for our workouts. I worked my arms last night like it was my job. I could barely move when I got home, plus I felt like I was going to puke everywhere. Sounds great, huh? We are going to continue to use WW principals and the point system. There's just no need to pay to use a scale. So this is where we are. We braced ourselves for this kind of weigh-in so we wouldn't be disappointed. But not to worry faithful readers, I will continue to post weight-loss benchmarks for us.

For example, even though I "lost no weight" last night, I have now moved into the third notch on my belt. I haven't seen the third notch in QUITE SOME TIME. I was on the first notch for a long time, then made it to the second notch and stayed there for a really long time, then I just recently moved to number three! Sarah's shorts (that she just bought a couple weekends ago) were absolutely about to fall off last night. In fact, they did fall off in the kitchen while she was making Celie's juice. What a great feeling.

I had to sing at a funeral this week and I wore a basic navy suit. This is the same suit I've had for some time and the pants have always been a little snug - even 5 years ago (I know, it's an old suit - but it still looks so good!) but not anymore. I couldn't believe it actually. I thought, "wow, I've never even needed a belt with these pants before (not that I would wear pants without a belt. The thought of that actually gives me the same reaction as forgetting to put on deodorant or brush my teeth.) but now, I have to wear a belt.

I'm not gonna lie - it's a good feeling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, you guys! Too funny about Sarah's shorts!

Alyson said...

I am so proud of you guys! Your decision makes total sense - why bother to pay that much for the "official" use of a scale? Give Sarah my best, and have a fab weekend!

Sarah M. said...

Now's when you should start measuring...
:-)