Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's 9:24....and I Want to Go to Sleep.

It's New Year's Eve.

At 9:25 pm.

And I'm lying in our bed which just so happens to have no sheets (or anything) on it while Sarah is in the living room flipping between HGTV (no surprise) and PBS which has the New York Philharmonic ringing in the New Year with a special concert.

It's an exciting life we live I tell ya.

This is what's it's all come to. Celie is asleep in her bed/crib/trampoline. Lilly is on the couch snuggled up on a pillow and snoring. I'm wondering what I can eat next....

Oreos - check
Almonds - check
Left over chicken tender - check
Reese's Peanut Butter Cup - check

(what's wrong with me?)

And I love every minute of it. Uh oh, Sarah's making a move. I think she's coming in here. Yep, definitely is. I hear her closing up the armoire. Next, she's going to ask me to put all the bedding on - which I hate doing. Then she's going to cough, deeply exhale, moan a little as she rolls onto the bed, cough, say "I'm so sleepy", cough, ask me, "Do you think my prenatal vitamins are going to make me sick tonight?", and I'll respond, "Probably not since they haven't the last 15 times you've taken them.", cough, ask me again to go get the bedding, cough and go to sleep.

Well folks. Happy New Year to you. Tomorrow, we head to Panama City for a few things. I'm hoping to find the perfect solution for my 1/4 bathroom makeover!!

Have I talked about that yet? I can't remember. Here's the quick and dirty. We have the weirdest, most spatially-challenged 1/4 bath in our laundry room. There's no sink. No towel rack. Just a toilet which happens to be set way too far from the wall. If it weren't set out so far, we could but a nice sink in there and make it a nice functional powder room. Except it's in the laundry room.

"Yes, right this way Mrs. Dinner Guest. The powder room is right through that door. Don't mind the pile of whites there and the Sam's Club purchase of Bleach, Clorox Cleanup, Styrofoam plates and Diet Coke. You can just step right over it."

No.

*Sidenote* Either Sarah just died in the bathroom or the sound she just made was of her famous "throat clearing." You probably heard it in Texas, Alyson.

Anyway, the "powder room" will soon become my new walk-in pantry!!!! More really like a Butler's pantry. I'm going to shelve the entire 66" back wall with five shelves. It will be so awesome. My choir member/church member/friend/plumber is going to take out the toilet and "cap the lines" whatever that means. Then I'll put up the shelves, load the shelves with one million dollars in Sam's purchases and all will be right with the world.

*Sidenote* Our bathroom apparently doubles as the local Bath and Body works. All I smell is Eucalyptus and Mint.

My pantry will be awesome. I can't wait to get it going. I'll blog with you all later.

Have a great, non-drinking-and-driving, safe night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

one word for you..... rude. I cannot help the cough. I only wish for New Year's that you would be a little more caring.... oh wait. This is the man that completely slept through me puking up my intestines for 24 hours straight and then complained that I had no idea how tired he was.

Now you are using my hair brush to give Lilly one last brush to "spread her oils out through her hair."

Man, that's love.

Sarah

Sarah M. said...

Ooo...Sarah is entitled to that comment.

And what about your other friend/co-worker/choir member who hooked you up with top priority (until you got sick)? Does she get no credit for this walk in pantry?

And what you can eat next - Enchiladas. Lots of them. There are 9 left in that pan (granted I ended up being the only one home for dinner).

Anonymous said...

eeeww! We were house hunting and found mention of a "1/4 bath". hmm, what's that? So we google "1/4 bath" and . . .eww
Hope your remodel was successful