Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Hi.....it's been a while, I know. Sorry.

So Happy Memorial Day!!! I'm at home alone, well, Celie and Lilly are both here but both are sleeping (as usual). Sarah went off to the grocery store. We have NO food. We have literally eaten everything, which was our plan. I was so tired of buying all this food and us really not eating it down. All that's left is some couscous and canned tomatoes. Can't do much with that.

So what's going on with me, you ask? I'll tell you.

First of all, I hate Hunter. The fan company that is. Remember a couple posts ago I talked about our fan not working, blah blah blah? So yes, Hunter replaced it with the identical fan just in a different finish. I called the electrician, he came and installed it, fan working, life is good. Fast forward 4 days............fan stopped working. Can you even freaking believe it????? It will not turn on. On one of the days when my mom was watching Celie, she called Sarah and was like, the fan just stopped working. I was livid. So, once again, I call Hunter and ask them..."is it normal for your remote control fans to be complete crap?" The rep gave me her token "I see no recall on them." So I went on to say how annoying this was and that I've paid an electrician twice because of their stupid fans so now what??? She's sending me a new "receiver". Which I'm sure is just going to go out again. So....as we look online, EVERYONE has problems with Hunter's remote fans. I just don't understand. What is happening???? We can create cars that run off of pureed corn, but we can't make a basic remote control work? The rep was so irritating too. I asked what would happen with the new receiver didn't work either and she was like..."you'll call me back so we can trouble shoot." ANNOYING. So, fanless and waiting on a new receiver. I'm going to the website right after this post to write about it.

What else is going on.........oh yes, my yard is looking spectacular!!! Minus a few areas of need (on top of septic tank and behind the house on the ditch side). My dad is supposed to fix all that today with his tractor. We'll see how that goes. He tends to "forget" he tells me he'll help and Lord knows I can't operate a tractor. OMG....I actually hear the tractor coming down my driveway right now!!! I can't believe it. Ok, I take everything I just said back. I'm going to hop up now and confirm that this is, in fact, his tractor. Please hold.........

Well, it is. I'm so happy. Yea for my dad and his follow-up!

What else what else. Oh yes, how could I forget this. I was about three minutes away from killing both employees in the Carlyle & Co. jewelery store yesterday. TWO EMPLOYEES on Memorial Day weekend. And this is a really really nice store - I was impressed. Again, please reference a post or so ago and you'll remember that I bought Sarah a new watch for Mother's Day/Birthday/Anniversary. So we went to get a link taken out of it. We waited for 45 minutes!!!!! One employee was selling 2 - Tag Heuer's and 1 - Rolex all to the same man so there was NO WAY she was helping us. I mean, the Lord himself would have had to be standing there for her to even notice us, and even then, I wonder. She was so far up this guy's butt it wasn't even funny. Both his sons had just graduated from college (Tags) and it was the wife's 60th birthday (Rolex). Meanwhile the other sales guy was too busy confusing himself. There was an "REV" marking on the price tag of one of the Tag Heuer's and he told the customer that it was a refurbished watch. A REFURBISHED TAG HEUER in a full retail higher-end jewelery store!!!!!!!! I couldn't even believe what I was hearing. I actually said out loud, "it doesn't mean it's refurbished, it means it's on sale and the price has been REVised." How do I know this you ask? well, both Tag's I've purchased have both been on sale....that's why.

No one could even stop and ask us if we needed to see something, have something cleaned, nothing......one link....that's all we needed. Speaking of....that's another company I should write. Finally we got the link taken out. So annoying. SO COMPLETELY ANNOYING.

Let me think if there's something else going on........I think that's it. We're just going to hang out today. No big plans. I'm hoping to pull some more weeds and hopefully fill some of the larger pot holes in the driveway - don't ask. Just going to take it easy and be thankful we're not a work. Well, if I have anything eventful happen, I'll post about it tomorrow (maybe).

Please remember our active military and veterans today. Without them, we wouldn't have the freedoms that we so often take for granted. Thank you to all our past and present military for all you've done, all you're doing, and all you will do.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: