Monday, April 21, 2008

Congratulations!! I have my first offense!

Hello!

Sorry for the delay in a new post. Please stop sending me emails and calling me because you need a new post! Okay, so no one has done that, but I like to feel like people actually read and NEED the blog. According to my counter, 315 reads have happened. Of course, probably 314 of them are me, but whatever.

In my last post (American Idolicious) I apparently offended a Claymate (middle-aged, female followers/worshippers of Clay Aiken). Trust me, this was not my intention. I am not a fan of Clay, simply based on personal preference. He's totally lame to me and looks like a figure from a wax museum. I simply made a comment about his "career" and boy oh boy did this person let me have it. I was accosted for not doing my research, for being close-minded and other things. I have to say, I was almost peeing on myself because I was laughing so hard that someone gets so worked up about Clay. I'm actually laughing about it now.

I can't really figure out what "list" celeb he actually is. I mean, he's clearly not A-list. He's probably not even B-list (who really is B-list? Mario Lopez? nah, he's definitely C-list. I guess a B-lister would be closer to William Shatner or Keanu Reeves, but I digress). I think what's so funny is that I can just see myself getting all worked up over William Shatner and defending ol' Bills career reputation.

Nonetheless, this is my blog. I will say whatever I want to say. If I don't want to do my research, I'm not gonna. So, please don't take offense if I insult one of your celebrity gods. It's not personal, but come on, Clay Aiken deserves to be ridiculed!

To all the Claymates, I apologize for the spike in your blood pressure that day. I'm sure Clay will go on to bigger and better things and he'll be around for many more years to come for your enjoyment. I bet we'll see him hosting a gameshow at some point.

1 comment:

Deana said...

Hey Matthew - - I love the blog and watch for updates...because you know I like to laugh out loud! But the best part of the site is the slideshow...you do know she is beautiful don't you?