Monday, March 3, 2008

I Promise I'm Trying.....

When I decided to have a blog, I promised myself, along with every reader I have (all both of them) that I would update as much as possible. Well.....life has been a little different since Celie's arrival. I offer you my sincerest apologies.

-BABY UPDATE-

It's official....I'm 100% paranoid. I can't get any sleep because I think that Celie is going to spontaneously stop breathing while she's sleeping. Any cry she makes, I assume she's broken an arm. What's wrong with me? It's been a really fun and amazing experience so far. Celie is so sweet.....and freaking unbelievably cute....seriously. Her skin is that of a doll...yet cuter. It's perfect in every way. Thankfully, that trait comes from her father!!! LOL. Not really. She's also an eating machine. MACHINE. Sarah almost feels bovine-esque. I guess they really need that nutrition all the time.....all eating, all the time.

Sarah's mom stayed with us the first week. She just left yesterday. It was a great help having her here. I mean, a baby is totally different than a puppy (believe it or not). A puppy, I'm completely comfortable with. A baby, makes me a little nervous. However, I think you would all be impressed at how fluidly I grab and hold her. I just try to remember that they're a lot tougher than they appear.....I mean, you can't drop her onto concrete or anything, but holding isn't going to snap her neck in half. Continue to keep us in your prayers. This is going to be one wild ride.

-IN OTHER NEWS-

We have had the pleasure of having dinner brought in by so many lovely friends of ours (except for those who live in Boston, Memphis, Pensacola and Panama City Beach - which really isn't an excuse since they obviously could send us Omaha Steaks or something) for the last week. We've had everything from Pork Loin to Chicken Cordon Blue to Roasted Chicken. It's all been wonderful and so so so kind. One meal was specifically so good that I feel like I should share the recipe with you.

Chicken Cordon Blue

Chicken Breasts pounded thin
Ham
Swiss Cheese
Dijon Mustard
Butter
Bread Crumbs

Take the thinly pounded chicken season it and place a few pieces of ham on top of it. Place a piece of swiss cheese on top of that and then a dollop (what is a dollop really?) of dijon mustard. Roll the chicken up and secure it with toothpicks. Baste melted butter on the rollups and generously apply the bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes. DELICIOUS! Thanks Amanda!!!

Alright....well.....I think this is going to be it for tonight. Nothing exciting, I know. I promise that this blog isn't going to be baby-fest 2008. I know it's just what most people want to know about right now. Don't worry, my goal is to be as flexible with my content as possible.

Thanks for reading! Let me know if you try the recipe. I'll continue to post some of my go-to recipes for you.

No comments: