Monday, March 3, 2008

I Have Something Else to Say

I'll admit it.....I like celebrity gossip. I do...sue me. I get a bit of comfort from knowing that while celebs are out to dinner at NoBu, the paparazzi (known as paps in the biz) are busy annoying the crap out of them the MINUTE they walk out of the restaurant. It makes me laugh.

I love how the celebs feel so bothered by it. Can't you hear them...."omg, I'm trying to enjoy my $500 dinner and all you people do is try to exploit my life....I'm an artist for goodness sake." Here's what I say to that: "Shut up!" I have decided that no current celebrity is in the biz for the artistry. THEY'RE IN IT FOR THE MONEY. I mean, would it be as sought after a career choice if a celebs salary was $45,000? I think not. Also, don't even get me started on their ridiculous requests they have when they make an "appearance". Ugh!

Think about how much a celebrity controls. In some way, almost everything we use or consume is dictated by a celebrity. What is in-style in fashion. What cosmetic company is the best. Who makes the best, most-pure water. What car is the most luxurious. What jewelry designer is the best. Who makes the best leather handbag. Who makes the best vitamins or denture grip (sorry Florence Henderson). Sadly, way too much revolves around it.

Celebrities are so wrapped-up in their money that we've even had a new show come out about it. Oprah's Big Give. For the love of humanity Oprah....we get it, you're rich!!! You're very very rich. Do you really have to make a show about how rich you are? First of all...the African school, excuse me, the Leadership Academy. Then the show about giving away money because she's given away so much money. Also, do you ever notice how she's "friends" with all the celebs. I mean, if you really think about it, she's not THAT rich. Ok, she's rich...just not Bill Gates rich...which is sinfully rich in my opinion. I actually really love it that the richest people in the world aren't celebs. Their businessmen and women or heads of state or something that really matters.....but I digress.

Back to celebrities. Think about all the award shows, magazines, television shows and websites devoted to them. I mean, they chose to be in the industry didn't they (for the artistry remember). They should be required by law to have their photos taken and sign autographs in my opinion.

If you think about it, they're some of the most entitled people in the country, excluding democrats, of course....which most of them are anyway. And why oh why do they get all the free stuff???

Oh well....I will continue to enjoy every annoyance that comes a celebs way. If I ever go to Hollywood I am so going to go on the tour of homes and taking as many photos as possible. I actually hope to see a celeb person. I want to take a picture of what they're eating for lunch because that is soooo important. I will be the most annoying "fan" in the world. I hope to run into Jessica Alba....she's always so nice to people she doesn't know, but she's doing it for the "artistry" remember.

It boils down to us, the American people. We are the cause of celebrity. We endorse it. We watch it. It consumes our lives. We have no one to blame but us. What if, as a nation, we didn't watch any tv or see a move for an entire week. I wonder what that would do to the mighty celebs.

Artistry shmartistry!

No comments: