Friday, May 13, 2011

Is This Thing On?

Hi.

It's been a while.

A really long while.

Let's skip all the apologizing and just move on....

I have a lot to say. And I'm hoping this is the kick I need to get back into the blogging game. Let's hope so, for both followers' sake.

May is a busy and big month at our house. Mother's Day, Sarah's birthday and our wedding anniversary. All in the same month. All exactly seven days from one another. Couple all this with Libby's dedication and you have one jam-packed month-o-fun.

I'm so tired.

I'm not going to recap Mother's Day (while it was lovely in all ways, having my mom and dad with us in church was extra special) in this post. I'm going to talk about the woman this month really revolves around.

Her name is Cindy.

Cindy Cunningham.

LOL, I'm kidding, of course. It's Sarah.

One of her birthday wishes was for me to start blogging again. PIECE OF CAKE! (Blogging and an iPhone, of course.)

(and massage.)

(and steak.)

Anywhew, Sarah Anne White is my best friend in all the world. We will be married seven years this month. (Pardon me for a moment, my arms are itching.) I can't believe it's been seven years. We're grown-ups.

We pay a mortgage, taxes, insurance. It's crazy. AND, we have two beautiful girls. In all honesty, I can't quite imagine my life without her. I'm crazy about her. I love every part of her. Even her smelly feet. Even that. I love it.

She amazes me everyday. She teaches our daughters SO MUCH everyday. Celie literally learns something every single day because of Sarah. She teaches them and keeps the house absolutely magazine-photo ready. Someone said recently, "I've never been in your house that it hasn't been perfectly spotless." And that's the truth. I don't know how she does it. Believe me, I've tried and get no where. She is amazing.

Her motherly instincts are insanely accurately. It's almost like she's a mutant. She knows exactly what's going on with each girl, how they're going to react, and what will fix it. Amazing.

She's an amazing mom. If I were cheesy enough, I'd enter her into some contest. But we'd never win.

Because we never win anything.

Ever.

I'd rather be with her than anyone else. That's a really good thing too because we don't really have a lot of friends. And the ones we have live really far away and go on with their own lives. (It's hard to keep LD friendships alive and well.)

She's the love of my life and there's absolutely no one else on this earth with whom I'd rather be. She's everything to me. I love her so much.

A wonderful mom.
A wonderful wife.
Wonderful manners and etiquette.
Grace, charm and class.
Enormous heart.
Amazing warmth.


That's about it.

I love you Sarah.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmwah!

4 comments:

The Traveling Turtle said...

That was the greatest Birthday/Anniversary/Mother's Day gift EVER. :)

Anonymous said...

That was amazing, thoughtful and so sweet Matthew. ~Stefanie

Alyson said...

I keep meaning to tell you: I'm now re-reinspired to update the girls' (okay, it's really my) blog.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Matthew for being such a great husband and father---I love you and couldn't ask for a better son (in law)--you are #1.

Thank you for making Sarah so happy------ you deserve it!!!! hahhahahahahah I mean ----you couldn't have done better!!!
Mom Ps glad you are back!!!! I love your blogs--make me laugh more!!!