Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Things I’ve Said to Myself Today

Today has been a day from…..well, yes. There. And while I don’t have anything exciting to really share with you about the weekend, other than it was nice and relaxing, I thought I would just post some things that I’ve actually said out loud to myself today. I hope you enjoy.

“I pray to Almighty God that Celie hates sports as much as I do.”

“Your life wouldn’t be so difficult if you realized that you’re not better than anyone else. You’re just a normal, run of the mill idiot trying to fool yourself. You’re sad.”

“Lord forgive me for saying that.”

“I love my daughter more than life, but her existence is not going to dictate mine.”

“I can order french fries today, right?”

“How do you not like mayonnaise?”

“Yeah, you know, I just don’t understand the skinny jean.”

“I can feel my blood pressure going up at this very moment, which is really weird because I don’t have blood pressure issues.”

“Yes, you’re right. I am a complete complicator.”

“You have a brain – I think – just try to use it…..just once…..for me…..for all of us…..just once.”

“There is a big difference is being a submissive wife and being a doormat.”

“There is a big difference in being a husband who leads your family and being a complete sexist, authoritarian.”

“You are no help to me today. Thank you for not helping. Have a great day.”

“Celebrities are a waste of time………..and matter.”

“Celie, do you want a baby sister or brother? Oh! You do???? Wait…….how do you even know what that means?????”

“You’re probably going to get malaria from these mosquito bites.”

“Is it really that bad if I have an obsession with good tuna salad?”

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

so, is it "sister" or "brother" ? ;)

Punkin said...

I asked Celie the same question and she said yes to both, brother and sister sooooooooo clearly she wants one or the other:):)

The Traveling Turtle said...

she also wants a baby elephant and a baby fox, so clearly she has no idea what she is agreeing to. If we can only get her to keep that way of thinking her whole life. :) (yeah right)

between the gigantic mosquito welps and her bite mark from daycare, she looks pretty rough these days. bless her little heart - a baby elephant would probably make it all better.

Anonymous said...

First, there is nothing wrong with loving tuna. Second, is it wrong I want you all to have a boy, just so it will fit my family?