Friday, December 19, 2008

I Love Sugar

I often wonder if you can become diabetic over a single Christmas holiday. If you can, I think I'm headed that way. I feel like I have eaten more sweets in the past few weeks than is legal. One sweet of note that has changed my life completely is the Caramel Pretzel Rod. I typically don't like the word "rod". I'm not sure why. It ranks up there with: "moist", "sop", "ahight" or all right, "amazing" and "fabulous".

Anyway, this pretzel stick - the full size version - was dipped in caramel, then milk chocolate, then white chocolate, then drizzled with more milk chocolate that is colored red and green. The whole time this basket of goodies came in, I was eyeing this pretzel, but I thought it was peppermint because a chocolate blob that looked very similar was peppermint and I thought, "gross, peppermint and pretzel makes me want to kill myself." Well, I bit into it and the rest is history. I called the company that made them to see if they stocked them all the time. As all things that work together for good for those who love the Lord should happen - they do!

December is almost over. I truly cannot believe it. We have been finished Christmas shopping for a while. We still have to pick up a "little something" for a grandmother and mother, but that we can find here locally. I can't believe it's almost 2009 and Celie will be one! Wow.

This Sunday is my Christmas musical, All Bow Down. It's going to be so great. Well, I pray (in Jesus' name) it is. The choir has worked so so so so hard this year. I hope I haven't been too bad of a slave driver.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas if I don't post again, and let's face it, I probably won't.

Some random things I'm thinking about today:
  • I hate the smell of tootsie rolls
  • I need to get 9-volt batteries
  • I wonder what straight corn syrup tastes like
  • I want today to be over
  • My head hurts
  • Chick-fil-a is from Heaven
  • I want a smoothie
  • and General Tso's Chicken

RIP - Beau. Major Beauregard Everett White

We'll miss you!

No comments: