Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thankful for _________.

I'm taking the lead from Sarah on this.

I'm going to try to blog every workday for the month of November something for which I am thankful. Please keep in mind that I am not trying to win a Pulitzer Prize on this blog, nor am I trying to sound prolific in any way (like other bloggers) by writing these grandiose diatribes about morals, politics, Roe v. Wade, our nation, the youth of today blah, blah, blah.

Some of my thankful blogs are going to be silly, stupid, funny and even annoying. Also, please note that topics of thankfulness are random. Should I write about Food Network today - it doesn't mean I am more thankful for it than my family.

With the rules stated, my first Thankful blog is about:

Salt

I am so thankful for salt. That's right, good 'ol NaCl. Think about it....where would we be without it? Food would taste horrible, or New England-like. My personal preference is Kosher. It's more delicate than standard table salt or iodized salt. I think it's also my preference because it makes me feel like a Food Network chef...you know, using my hands to get it out of the cute container and holding it high in the air, letting it fall atop my uncooked food. sigh. It's wonderful.

Let's talk about salt's many uses, shall we? There's the most important food seasoning. Then we have other uses like, using salt as a mild abrasive, an aid to a sore throat, soaking aching body parts, using it during the production of homemade ice cream, killing slugs (not that you should do this, but it does work), using it in your swimming pool and even protecting our northern friends on icy roads.

Salt is amazing and I'm so glad to have it around - some of us more than others, but all in all....

I'm thankful for salt.

2 comments:

The Traveling Turtle said...

so what you are saying is that you love salt more than me? :)

Kidding.

Anonymous said...

mmmmm New England like - I would say British! And I also prefer the Sea Salt crystals you can grind - makes me feel more like a pro!